BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

8/24/11

Trip








I’m so excited to take Jake back east that I just can’t stand it!
We are going to fly in to Manchester, New Hampshire in the end of September.
I’m taking him on this trip for his belated 30th (31st too.) I figured we better do it soon before the baby gets any older.


Ever since I visited Vermont (think 1996) I’ve wanted to come back in the fall and see the spectacular leaves turn. But calling it the “Fall Foliage Tour” seemed a little too tree hugger … so this trip doesn’t have a name as of yet. But it does have a theme.
We are going back to the Palmyra temple via Sharon, Vermont (and Woodstock).

I can’t wait. Mmm. It will be good just to drive together and see all the old sites. I loved loved loved the Sacred grove, the grandin press and the Hill Cumorah pageant. The last time I was in Palmyra President Hinckley was also in the Sacred Grove at the same time.


It was pretty much amazing. We went on a Church History Tour with Scot and Maurine Proctor. It was fantastic… and if they ever do It again… count me in.

After we leave Palmyra we are going to stay in Concord, Mass (Colonial inn… yes it’s haunted). I’m super excited to go to Sleepy Hollow Cemetery. Louisa May Alcott, Edgar Allen Poe, Henry David Thoreau, Ralph Waldo Emerson, and Nathaniel Hawthorne are all buried there.
Some people may think that I’m totally crazy for spending time walking through old cemeteries … whatever… you can think what you want. Don’t Care. Old headstones are awesome. I will be great to be back in such a historic area.




The USS constitution will be another stop on our list too. Hope Ole Ironsides is still floating when we get there! House of seven Gables... stephen king anyone ?

Salem witch museum is also on the agenda!