BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

7/3/12

Men who work in Department stores...


Be cautious of men in department stores... The employees that is...
You will run into 1 of 2 things, either there for temporary (summer time money maker) OR they are so into fashion that they've lost all common sense and have made it their goal to stand on their feet all day working retail...


Exhibit A - I went to a store that starts with a K and ends with a OHLS ... looking for a festive fourth of July frock. I found one in Draper but it was a size XS... boo.
While Ashlea (weird name but I'll let it slide cuz she was super helpful) was checking the other stores for a slightly larger size... I grabbed a guy that had a store lanyard on.
He was standing next to the jewelry counter, looking pretty legit, so I asked him when the next "friends and family" event would be (in hopes of saving 60% more on my shiz) and his answer was

Wait for it

wait for it


"its about every trimester"

*** WHAAAAA ****

????????

insert a long enough pause here for him to realize that he has not used correct terminology when referring to department store sales...
oh wait... He doesn't get it...
hes a moron

So I stand there in front of him all "big eyed" and slightly tilting my chin down so that with out straying my gaze, could look at him from the tops of my eyelids)



.... Wait for it.....

.... Wait for it.....

ya -nothing, still.


Well, I have stuff to do and I can't just sit here waiting for him to realize he's a dufas... so I add my retort of " well what if I'm not pregnant" ?
Hmmm mr. Fashionista male jewelry supervisor?
What then?
use a Brian Regan voice over on my retort part... It makes it better.

(He still didn't understand that he made a mistake, So i know it wasn't intentional)


When i thought his silent reply was awkward enough i spun on my heel and walked away
( grinning ear to ear and trying not to laugh out loud)
... seriously uuuber hard...
i did my best gimp speed walk back to Ashlea at the counter to see if she had found my top in a proper size.
No luck.
But the time spent wandering the store was totally worth it.
Sometimes the lord gives you little gems of days / parts of days and i think this was one of them....

Like an ice cold dr. Pepper on a 102° day. Mmmmmm mmmmmm good.